The data controller is TRIDEX Global Ltd1 (referred to in this policy as "we", "us" or "our"). We want you to be confident that the personal information you give us is safe and secure with us, and understand how we use it to offer you a better and more personalised experience on our sites.
- What personal information we collect;
- How we collect your personal information;
- How do we use your personal information – Legitimate Interest;
- Who do we share your personal information with;
- How can you change your preferences;
- Your information rights and responsibilities ;
- Keeping your information secure;
- How long do we keep your information for;
- How to contact us.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- When you subscribe to our news or blog feeds we require your email address – so we can keep you up to date with the latest news and legislation changes.
- When you visit our website we may collect information about your online browsing behaviour and any devices you have used to access our site (including your IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers) – so we can help improve your experience and inform our service offering.
- When setting up an account with us we require:
- Your details, including without limitation your name, postal and billing addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, title – this will enable us to facilitate a business transactional relationship.
- Company and financial information as required for tax reasons and ultimately to facilitate a contractual agreement.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION? – LEGITIMATE INTEREST
We may process your personal information for carefully considered and specific purposes which are in our interests and enable us to enhance the services we provide, but which we believe also benefit our customers.
“Legitimate Interests” means the interests of our company in conducting and managing our business (to enable us to give you the best service/products and the best and most secure experience).
For example, we have an interest in making sure our marketing is relevant for you, so we may process your information to send you marketing that is tailored to your interests.
It can also apply to processing that is in your interests as well.
For example, we may process your information to protect you against fraud when transacting on our websites, and to ensure our websites and systems are secure.
When we process your personal information for our legitimate interests, we make sure to consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under data protection laws. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests - we will not use your Personal Data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
The list below sets out further detail on the ways we process your data for our legitimate interests. If you have any concerns about the processing below, you have the right to object to processing that is based on our legitimate interests. For more information on your rights, please see “Your Rights” section below and to amend your preferences please click here.
- Suppression - We will need to hold an individuals data in a suppression file to ensure a record of their objection to direct marketing.
- Personalisation - To inform marketing strategy and enhance customer experience.
- Direct Marketing - To keep customers and potential customers informed of our products and services.
- Web Analytics - For assessing the number of visitors and page views etc in order to optimise future marketing campaigns and improve user experience.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH?
The personal information that we collect is confidential. We may share your personal information between TRIDEX Global Ltd1 companies. We may disclose your personal information to a third party in the following circumstances:
- To our third party marketing agencies help facilitate marketing campaigns and customer experience improvements across our websites and services.
- To our third party processers to produce business information, insight and help improve IT systems.
- To our third party courier network to assist with delivery via our logistic partners.
HOW CAN YOU CHANGE YOUR PREFERENCES?
Your privacy is of great importance to us. All emails or other forms of communication directly from us to you will include clear instructions on how to unsubscribe. Plus, if you don't want to be contacted by us anymore you can email email@example.com or update your preferences by clicking here. The section below also sets out your other information rights under the new regulation.
YOUR INFORMATION RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES?
You already have certain rights under existing data protection legislation, including a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you, if you request it in writing. From 25 May 2018 you will have the following rights:
- Right to correct: the right to have your personal information rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to erase: the right to request that we delete or remove your personal information from our systems;
- Right to restrict our use of your information: the right to 'block' us from using your personal information or limit the way in which we can use it;
- Right to data portability: the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your personal information;
- Right to object: the right to object to our use of your personal information including where we use it for our legitimate interests, or where we use your personal information to carry out profiling to inform our market research and user demographics. If you raise an objection we will stop processing your personal information unless very exceptional circumstances apply, in which case we will let you know why we're continuing to process your personal information
We will use reasonable efforts consistent with our legal duty to provide you with your rights in accordance with data protection legislation.
- If you're not satisfied with the way any complaint you make in relation to your personal information is handled by us then you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection regulator. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office.
- Some third-party technology we use (eg, embedded videos, social sharing) also drop cookies to improve your experience on their sites.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SECURE?
We do our best to keep the information you disclose to us secure. However, we can't guarantee or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk. By using our online services you accept the inherent risks of providing information online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security.
We may, on occasion, need to transfer your personal information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) to locations that may not provide the same level of protection as the UK. However, we will only transfer your personal information out of the EEA if we have put in place appropriate safeguards and protections as stated under UK law.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
HOW TO CONTACT US?
If you have any queries relating to our use of your personal information or any other related data protection questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Data Protection at TraffiSafe Ltd, Venture Park, Selborne Road, Alton, Hampshire GU34 3HL.
1 TRIDEX Global companies include; Swift Industrial Supplies Ltd, TRIDEX UK Ltd, TraffiSafe Ltd.