Swift360 Sponsor Alton Infant School Earth Day Assembly
Swift360 were delighted to sponsor Alton Infant School's Earth Day assembly on April 24th 2019.
The assembly, titled "Reduce/Re-use/Recycle - Let's Make A Positive Impact On The World', was run by the school governors. Students were engaged about the importance of sustainability and the environment through fun learning and a drawing and colouring competition.
"Thanks to our sponsor Swift360, everyone at Alton Infant School received a shopping bag made of recycled materials.", said Joanna Uznanska, Alton Infant School Governor.
The Earth Day assembly was a great success and we're thrilled to support such a good cause!
HOW SWIFT360 KEEP IT GREEN
Sustainability and the environment are issues which are very important to us, which is why we jumped at the chance to sponsor Alton Infant School in their efforts to teach future generations about 'keeping it green'.
As for our own operations, we've taken many steps to minimise our impact on the environment. We're proud members of WRAP and also hold the ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management certification.
Additionally, we recycle all packaging where possible, use LED lighting in our office to reduce energy and have introduced electric cars for business use. Not only this, but we advocate garment recycling and do everything we can to assist customers in this.
We're continuing to improve our environmental efforts. Current projects include:
- A Waste Reduction Strategy
- All carton sizes are in process of review, in efforts to reduce our carbon footprint.
- Reviewing our supply chain to consolidate shipments where possible.
- Re-use of cardboard boxes for outbound freight.
- Research into how we can reduce plastic use.
- Our Sales team receive on-going training in regards to maintaining the life of personal protective equipment (PPE). This is knowledge they can pass onto our customers in order to lengthen PPE lifespan.
There's much more to come - and we can't wait to get greener and greener with every year!
Related Blog Posts
Millstone & Prostate Cancer UK Join Forces For New Partnership
Swift360 Kick It For BHF Day Raises £650!
Swift360 Raises £1000 For Macmillan Cancer Support