Keeping protected with Millstone's SHV267 Ballistic Trouser
Last year's HSE waste statistics show non-fatal injuries in the industry are 4.5%, which is significantly higher than the average rate of other industries (1.8%). It’s important workers are both visible, to reduce the chance of being struck by moving vehicles, and also adequately protected through PPE.
Millstone’s SHV267 ballistic trousers are the perfect solution for those in challenging work environments, where extra protection is required on the outer leg from sharp objects and materials, whether it be indoor or outdoor. Refuse collectors and workers would certainly be at risk in this area.
So, what’s so good about SHv267?
- The perfect balance of comfort and durability with a 280gsm weight fabric and 80/20 polycotton blend.
- Enhanced abrasion resistance and protection from general wear and tear through polyester fabric overlays on the outer legs.
- Greater stability and strength of the garment through robust triple needle stitching on all outer and inner leg seams.
- Superior comfort and fit with side elasticated waistband.
- Ample storage space with two open back pockets and three Velcro secure cargo pockets.
- Increased longevity of the garment through industrial-strength YKK zips and bar-tacking finish on all pockets, pressure points, and belt loops – it’ll work as hard as you do!
- Improved safety and visibility through two EN ISO 20471 reflective bands* around the lower leg and reflective tape detailing on the pockets.
* Guaranteed up to 25 washes (but tested to 50).
The choice of orange and navy fabrics not only allows the wearer to be visible and look smart, but also means dirt and stains are better hidden than on yellow ballistic trousers. And for those who work in the rail sector, these trousers are certified to the RIS-3279-TOM standard.
Complete your PPE
It's important to be correctly protected from head to toe, and if the uniform can look consistent and offer different levels of thermal protection for the changing seasons... even better!
A lightweight and soft-wearing Hi-Vis polycotton polo shirt with long sleeves. Practical, durable and versatile – this garment suits almost any work environment and instantly boosts visibility to keep you safe.
Come drizzle or downpour, this Hi-Vis waterproof jacket is sure to protect you from the elements. A pack away hood and velcro secure storm flap are great features when bad weather hits, while the taped seams ensure additional protection against water penetration.
A popular safety boot with water-resistant leather uppers and inner membrane to keep you dry and comfortable in adverse weather. Other features include a steel toecap and midsole, heat and slip-resistant sole, anti-static properties, fuel and oil resistance and energy absorption for all-day comfort.
Modern, mid-peak shell style helmet with ventilation holes, sweatband and inner adjustable harness. Features unique 1-2-3 point harness depth settings. One size fits all.
Looking to roll out a new uniform?
Here at Swift360, we love helping companies roll out new PPE to all staff, efficiently, accurately and with minimum disruption to work hours. So if you're looking to update and refresh your company image with a new uniform, contact us today to see if we can help you complete this successfully...
Related Blog Posts
Millstone & Prostate Cancer UK Join Forces For New Partnership
New JSP EVO® VISTA™ Safety Helmet - Integrated PPE At Its Best
Waste Sector Fatalities Almost Doubled